There are 150 psalms with Psalm 119 having 22 sections. Why not read a Psalm A Day for the first 171 days of 2019?
On Sunday, 30 December 2018, I had the privilege of delivering the worship message to St Aidans Takanini, Auckland, New Zealand. The message ended with a challenge:
In preparation for the congregation celebrating their 30th anniversary, why not collectively read through the Psalms?
The challenge was received with excitement and reservation. Most have never committed themselves to systematically read through an entire book in the Bible.
Why the Book of Psalms? Because finding peace through forgiveness, perfection (that’s holding your tongue) and thanksgiving is encouraged by the Psalms. The Psalms will teach you, motivate you and enable you to find the right heart attitude that leads you to peace.
There are 150 psalms for the first 150 days in 2019. However, as many are aware, Psalm 119 is particularly lengthy. We agreed to take 22 days for that chapter.
The challenge is read one Psalm for each day in this new year. After 171 days, St Aidans will be commence celebrations of its anniversary.
Want to join in?
OPEN HERE FOR
PSALM A DAY CHALLENGE
Subscribe through the church’s website for your daily reminder. You will be sent a link to read each Psalm on-line along with 4 thoughts to consider.
Whatever your resolutions, remember routine is your greatest friend. I wish you peaceful blessings for 2019!
Success begins with what you think about. Your triumph in accomplishing your goals is a planned execution of specific precepts. These precepts are learned study. And there is no better way to study than to read.
The more that you read, the more things that you know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go. – Dr Suess
Take the time to read! Research. Meditate on ancient texts. It will empower you with the precepts required for success. These texts are the root of your power. They will give you the change of mind you need. Pursue ultimate truth and you will find the new beginning you are looking for.
There are four sections in my book, 56 Notions of Success. Each section has 14 chapters. Every chapter ends with a related affirmation. Here are the 14 affirmations for thoughtful success.
- I enjoy the success in pursuing ultimate truth.
- I am an achiever.
- I balance relationships with courage and affection.
- I embrace change to make way for what is better.
- I am part of an eternal plan for greater good.
- I empower those around me with practical wisdom.
- I am the master in my field of endeavor.
- I find guidance in solitude.
- I am patient to triumph over adversity.
- I am strong with productive values.
- I have courage to move in the middle of opposition.
- I have a keen intellect believing in the dignity of all.
- I am eternal with everlasting beginnings.
- I am strong in difficult situations.