To many, my headline is offensive. Human Secularism has won the battle of Western thinking. There is no God.
The argument goes like this:
- If there was a God, God is good.
- Evil exists.
- Therefore, there is no God, for if there was a God, there would be no Evil.
The idea that creature can dictate the terms of his/her Creator’s existence is irrational. Nonetheless, the argument outlined above passes as “great thinking”.
Here are three reasons why God created Evil.
- Because there can be no Justice without Evil.
God claims to be the creator of Evil. God does not claim to create sin, but the judgment necessary for sin’s actions. If there is no such thing as Evil, there is no justice in life. Being Just is a part of being Good.
I am the Lord, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me: that they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the Lord, and there is none else. I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things. Isaiah 45:5-7
- Because there can be no Good without Evil.
What is Good? Without Evil, Good has no definition. Without Evil, there is no need for Good. Whatever Good is, it is not Evil. The two concepts cannot exist in a vacuum. They are interdependent on each other. Duality is reality:
- Without the negative, there is no positive;
- Without danger, there is no safety;
- Without pessimism, there is no optimism;
- Without Egoism there is no Altruism;
- Without Chaos, there is no such thing as Order;
- Without unconsciousness, consciousness does not exist;
- Without slavery, freedom cannot be birthed.
- Because God’s goodness is what leads to Repentance.
Without Evil, there is no need to repent. To repent is change the direction of one’s path. To repent is to change the thinking of one’s mind. To repent is to change the attitude of one’s heart. If there is no God, no repentance is required. If there is a God, a change in one’s direction, thinking and attitude is required to align with God’s ways. Without Goodness, there is no means of repentance.
Despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance? Romans 2:4
God’s Goodness is associated with forbearance and longsuffering. What makes God Good is the exists of Evil in our lives and God’s willingness to forgive.
To deny Evil is to despise God’s Goodness.