Do you feel like you can never accomplish your goals?
Are you being held back from practical achievements? Are you struggling with finishing what you start? Are you losing hope you can fulfil your dreams? Don’t lose hope – there is help!
It begins by knowing how to break-down your goal into mini-steps.
The secret to achieving goals is not rocket science. Its method is usually taught by life coaches and fee-paying workshops. They are ‘secret’ only because people do not take the time and energy to put the lessons into practice.
Accomplishing your goals takes more than just identifying them. There are further actions that must be thought through before building your dream career. Sometimes people rush into fulfilling their dream before understanding the “how” to make it a reality. In the words of Steven Covey, author of the classic self-help book, Seven Habits of Highly Effective People: “Always begin with the end in mind.”
The diagram above expands the Results section of the compass used in 56 Notions of Success workshops.
- North is Action—formulate success to gain results
- West is Results—action your goals for practical achievements.
To formulate the steps toward your goal, never neglect the value of ethics. It is not just about you; it is about achieving the maximum good for all those you touch. You must do the hard work of upholding the Golden Rule while preserving the Golden Mean.
- Review your business plan to make sure the desired result is clearly identified.
- Adjust your business plan to incorporate your core values in every aspect.
- Now take each identified milestone and create a plan of action to reach each one.
- Fully concentrate on one milestone at a time and focus on achieving just the milestone, instead of the overall end goal.
Focusing on achieving your overall plan one milestone at a time creates the habit of success. Your business plan will give you steps to achieve a goal. Your milestones, each with their own steps to achieve, are mini-goals. Mini-goals are how you create a habit of success.
Success is not becoming a superstar: that is Fame. Success is fulfilling and exceeding your personal goals.
Timothy Rose, author, 56 Notions of Success